PurposeWelcome to the East Orange Water Commission's official website. We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about the East Orange Water Commission and the services we provide.
The Commission serves the City of East Orange and the Borough of East Newark(Billing and Customer Service only). We are committed to providing quality water and wastewater service to our customers.
- To provide our customers the highest quality water obtainable with uninterrupted service.
- To utilize every safeguard possible to ensure the highest quality water and the health of our customers.
- To be prepared at all times to supply our customers with ample water for fire protection and sanitation.
- To produce water at the least possible cost to the consumer with only sufficient income to cover the East Orange Water Commission's operating and maintenance cost, with sufficient reserves to be set aside each year to cover depreciation, replacements, and such new capital developments as are necessary to uphold a high state of efficiency.
- As a self-sustaining department of the City of East Orange, the normal operation of the Water Commission will have absolutely no impact on the tax rate.
- If, through efficient and wise business management, a surplus above the requirements of the Commission develops, it will be provided to the consumers in the form of a reduction of their water rates.
Special Call Meeting:
In accordance with the New Jersey Open Meetings Act, Chapter 231, P.L. 1975, Public Notice is hereby given that the East Orange Water Commission will hold a Special Meeting at the East Orange Water Commission on Monday, April 9, 2018 at 9:00 A.M. at 99 South Grove Street, East Orange, N.J. for the purposes of discussion and the adoption of the 2018 Water Commission Budget as well as discussion of other related matters. This Special Meeting is open to the public. However, the East Orange Water Commission, may during the course of the Special Meeting, meet in private executive session for discussion concerning matters subject to attorney client privilege and matters of personnel, pending litigation and contractual issues.
Formal Action Will Be Taken
President Board of Water Commissioners of the City of East Orange
Important & Helpful Links:
- Pay Bill Online
- 2018 Annual Meeting Dates for the East Orange Board of Water Commissioners
- Important Water Rate Information – East Orange Customers Only
- Quick Tips to Conserve Water
- Water Conservation Tips
- Water Quality Report Now Available
- Announcement: Water System Improvements Project.
- View Most Recent Agendas and Resolution